So I’m not the only one who has a knack for dealing with “interesting” men. My flatmate brought back one such specimen the other night, and I am just itching to share.
It was around 3am on a Sunday night, and I was working late to make a deadline. I was typing away in the living room, just chilling in my blue fuzzy onesie (yeah, totally sexy). Then my flatmate walked in with a guy in tow. She announced, “This is ___ (Mr. Genius’ real name).”
And without saying a single word in response to my “Nice to meet you,” Mr. Genius then turned right around and walked out of the room.
Later on, he walked in and decided to say only two words:
What?! He was obviously not gay when he was making it with my very female flatmate.
I remember the rest of our conversation very clearly, and the following account is verbatim:
- Mr. Genius: “Where are you from?”
- Me: “California.
- Mr. Genius: “Oh, where is that?” (I am NOT making this up.)
- Me: “Ummm… Cah-lih-FOR-nya…”
- Mr. Genius: “Yeah, where is that?”
- Me: “Uhhh… On the west coast of the United States…” (At this point, I was thinking, “What sort of fucked up game are we playing here?!”)
- Mr. Genius: “Oh cool! You’re American! Me too! I’m from Arizona!”
Yeah, people. That happened.
For the first time in my life, a man completely and utterly stunned me with his intellect.