I went on a date with Mr. Crazy a couple of weeks ago, and it did not go well. He actually contributed some of the lines from my post about Mr. Asian Fetish. He also tried to follow me home despite my protests, and I had to flee in heels and squeeze through closing metro doors in order to get away from him.
So, obviously, not a good date.
I shot off a quick email when I got home, saying what roughly translates into: “We both know that we aren’t compatible and that this isn’t going to work out, so I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.”
I thought that the matter was closed and that I would never hear from him again.
His text ten minutes later seemed to imply that he had either ignored my previous message or had not received it:
“I am so happy to have finally met you. I think that you’re super cute and really cool.”
I double-checked my sent mail.
Yup. Sent. So what was the deal? Just in case, I sent my shut-down email again via text.
- “Just wanted to say hey. I hope that you are doing well and that you slept well last night ;)” (The winky face made the whole message seem a little creepy…)
- “You’re no longer speaking to me? I didn’t please you, is that it?” (I replied, “No. You did not please me. Leave me alone.”)
- “I hope that you had a good weekend. How are you?” (At this point, I was beginning to think that this guy may be mentally unhinged.)
- “Hello, how are you doing? Why are you not talking to your boyfriend anymore?” (Boyfriend?! Oh god, Houston, we have a big-ass problem.)
- “You have totally disappeared.” (This was sent two minutes after the previous message when I didn’t respond.)
- “Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!” (Seriously. He actually wrote, “reviensssssssssssss”)
- “When am I seeing you again?” (What?!)
- “I don’t understand. Are you dumping me?” (Wow.)
- “I really thought that we had something beautiful. I don’t know why you’re mad at me, but how about I come over and we work it out? Where do you live?” (Eek.)
I went on one date with this guy.
I suppose that it could be worse. Statistically speaking, I was bound to run into a nutjob at some point during this online dating experiment.
At least I’m alive, right?
But if my body is found beaten to death and floating in the Seine later, you’ll know who did it…