When I hang out with Wandering Menace, we inevitably get up to no good. But most of the time, we just do silly things for the sake of being silly. But one thing is constant. Ryan loves to make lists.
Let me rephrase that.
She likes to make ME make lists.
She once asked me to write down all my thoughts in response to the following question:
“How do you know when your date has taken a bad turn?”
And this is what I came up with:
- you go to the toilet three times in one hour, and each time you wash your hands both before and after — just so that you can prolong the toilet break
- you start thinking about how much he looks like your little sister
- you realize that his name is on your list of top ten names for your future dog
- upon asking whether you’d like another glass of wine, you ask him to order a bottle
- your date has a satchel
- your date tells you that his wife said something similar the other day
- while your date is in the restroom, you ask your waiter how he came by such marvelous forearms
- you pretend to pick up an urgent phone call… on your iPod
Dating is so much fun, isn’t it.